Europe beholds attractions for tourists from around the globe. It is a region of striking diversities both on the man-made as well as the natural canvas. The human diversities pertaining to language, folklore, ethnicity, statehood and other cultural aspects give it its distinctive liveliness. The opening of borders among the member countries of the European Union has led to a new era of travel and tourism in the whole region. There has been ease of the Visa norms and increased cooperation among the travel businesses across the region to facilitate for easy travel and tourism. The result is that this industry has picked up ever since there has been reduction in the hassles. One of the attractive means to circumvent the whole of continental region is by way of European Railways system. Europe tours can now be undertaken using these railway systems. This article is to brief the readers about the EURAIL, the single common platform which provides rail-based tourism to the travelers.
EURAIL offers 4 types of passes, depending upon the number of countries you want to go to. These are mentioned below.
- The Global Pass is for trips of 2 weeks or more and covering up to 24 countries. You can start your journey from any country.
- The Select Pass is for 1-2 weeks of vacations and these cover 3-5 countries at best. It is valid in 20 countries. These countries shall border with one another by rail or by ferry. You can begin your trip from any country.
- The Regional Pass is only for 2 countries and is undertaken in short breaks. There are 24 combinations of countries which can be seen on using the EURAIL system.
- One Country Pass which is only for 1 country. This is also undertaken in small breaks of time. There are 19 countries whose passes are available under this category of pass.
Some of the key highlights of these passes are:
- All of these passes are categorized depending on the age of people who are travelling. So, these have been clubbed as, Youth (12-25 years), Adult (26 or older) and Family (including adults and kids). The Youth are permitted only in the 2nd Class and the Family only in 1st Class. The Adults are permitted to travel in 1st Class but they can get discounts on group travel of more than one person.
- These are valid for different periods of time and also for different number of travel days.
- You might have to buy separate tickets for using the rail network of any country which is not a part of these passes.
- There are three price options with respect to the delivery of these passes using the registered mail. The Free Shipping available for USA, Mexico, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, China and Hong Kong. Besides, there are option of Premium and Standard Shipping of the passes.
More information about the EURAIL system, passes, prices, discounts and other details can be had from their website http://www.eurail.com. Travel agencies from around the world bank upon these passes to develop Europe tour packages for the tourists.